Hey guys! For summer, I absolutely love a copper/bronze eye look. It really brings out my eye color, and just looks fantastic on my skin tone. I think copper and golden shadows are super flattering on almost everyone. This is an easy way I achieve this summery makeup look!
Rimmel 9-in-1 BB Cream in Light
Neutrogena 3-in-1 Concealer For Eyes in Light
Maybelline Fit Me Pressed Powder in 315 Soft Honey
ELF Contouring Blush and Bronzer in St Lucia
Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips All-in-1 Nude Palette in Natural Nude
Covergirl Bombshell Shineshadow in 325 Copper Fling
Maybelline Eyestudio Quad in 70 Copper Chic
Flower Eyeshadow Quad in Foxy Browns
Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eyeliner in Sable
Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eyeliner in Precious Gold
Maybelline The Rocket Mascara
Revlon Lip Butter in Tutti Fruti
1. First I applied my face products. I like using lighter BB creams during the summer months (or anytime really). I like this Rimmel one because it actually has decent coverage and SPF. Then I put a little concealer on those under-eye bags and a little on the eyelid for priming. I set it all with powder and bronzed and the face lightly. No blush for me, my cheeks are red enough!
2. I am in love with this Covergirl Shineshadow. It’s a cream eyeshadow that is super pigmented and metallic. A little goes a long way, and it’s soooo pretty, even on its own. However for this look, I took the second shade in the Maybelline quad and used my finger to pack it on over it. The two together create the most beautiful copper shade. I then used the deep matte brown from the Flower quad to deepen the outer corner and crease. I blended it all out, and that’s it!
3. I then messily tightlined and lined my upper lashline with the brown liner and smudged it out. I also brought a little bit onto the outer third of my lower lash line. I then put the gold eyeliner in my waterline. I looove how the gold looks smudged out. It really rounds out the look, widens the eye, and looks gorgeous with the copper shades.
4. Finishing touches! I applied two coats of mascara to my upper and lower lashes. I love The Rocket, and it makes such a difference in this look. Mascara always pulls everything together for me! Then I took my shimmer strips palette and took the lightest shade and highlighted my inner corners. I also swiped a stippling brush over the coppery shades and used it as a light highlight on my cheekbones to finish it off.
5. Lastly, I lightly applied this fantastic lip butter. It’s the perfect shade of an orange-coral. It really works well with this eye look and doesn’t overwhelm the face at all despite its vibrancy.
Before and After
So that’s the look! It super easy to do and looks fantastic! It’s a great sultry look for the summer. What’s your favorite summer eye look?